Start your morning with a bit of yoga, join friends for a cookout, take a sunset cruise, or hang out in the park for the fireworks. No matter what you choose to do this fourth of July, we hope you stay safe and have fun! Check out this Sarasota 4th of July fireworks and events guide as you plan fun activities for Independence Day.
- 🏞 Sarasota Bay Park - Fireworks
- 🎆 Fireworks Over Sarasota Bay [VIDEO]
- 🎤 Sounds of Independence
- 🎼 Independence Sample by Jerry Bilik [MUSIC]
- 📱 Contact Brock Realty Inc.
- 🌭 All-American Cookout
- 🏨 4th of July at The Westin
- 🎇 Fireworks Finale - Downtown Sarasota [VIDEO]
- 🎪 Summer Circus Spectacular 2019
- ✨ 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular
- 🌠 Marina Jack's Fireworks View [VIDEO]
- 🍔 Activity Committee 4th of July Party
- 🧘♀️ Freedom Flow Yoga
- 🏃♀️ Fireworks 4 Miler By the Lake
- 🏞 Nathan Benderson Park View & Run [VIDEO]
- 🙂 Suggested: Things to Do in Sarasota
- ⛴ July 4th Sunset & Fireworks Cruise
- 🚤 35th Sarasota Powerboat Grand Prix Festival
- 🗺 Sarasota 4th of July Fireworks & Events [MAP]
- 📋 Add a Sarasota July 4th of July Event
🏞 Sarasota Bay Park – Fireworks
Other event venues may provide an opportunity to see these incredible fireworks, but you can always go directly to Bayfront Park and grab a front row seat! Keep in mind that there are numerous others hoping to get a spot close to the action, so you’ll want to get their early.
Sarasota Bayfront Park – 5 Bayfront Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236.
🎤 Sounds of Independence
Making its premiere in Sarasota on July 4th, Independence by Jerry Bilik will be performed by the Choral Artists of Sarasota. Parts of the program are narrated by Cedric Hameed, a Sarasota poet, and the Sarasota Concert Band will perform.
Performance Pieces Include
- I Once Had a Dream
- America, the Dream
- O, America!
- Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture
- Thunderer March
- American Salute
Audience provides cannon fire sounds!
📱 Contact Brock Realty Inc.
🌭 All-American Cookout
The Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is hosting an All-American Cookout to celebrate July 4th. Michael’s On East to provide delicious grill items for purchase and DJ Karolina Lira will add music for the dance party that is perfect for all ages.
Event Time: 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- General admission: $25 – $35
- 12 years and under: $10
- 3 years and under: Free
- Selby Experience: $150
There will be children’s games, and fireworks viewing is part of this amazing event. Coolers are not allowed, but you may bring blankets and chairs.
The Shelby Experience includes valet parking, open bar, food, and a prime viewing spot for the fireworks.
🏨 4th of July at The Westin
Looking for an exclusive place to view the fireworks this year? The Westin is offering a view from the EVOQ Terrance.
- Signature Drink
- Wine & Beer
- Locally Inspired Buffet
- Tickets are $60
🎪 Summer Circus Spectacular 2019
While this is a recurring event throughout the summer, we think it would be a great way to celebrate the 4th of July.
Show times are at 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM and feature incredible circus acts from around the world that are well-known for pleasing audiences of all ages!
This event is hosted by The Circus Arts Conservatory and The Ringling.
✨ 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular
Dinner, live entertainment, and a spectacular view of the fireworks make Marina Jack’s the place to be this Independence Day. This is a reservation only event that offers premium viewing from one of three restaurants.
- Dining Room: 4-course meal begins at 4:30 PM
- Deep Sea Lounge & Piano Bar: Rock Lee performing at 6:00 PM
- Blue Sunshine Patio Bar & Grill: Live music from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Cover charge.
- Marina Jack II Cruises: Three-hour cruise with live music from 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Buffet meal.
🍔 Activity Committee 4th of July Party
Camelot Lakes Village is serving hamburgers, hot dogs, and more for a 4th of July party.
- Cards & Games: 3:00 PM
- Dinner Served: 5:00 PM
- Tickets $10: on sale until July 2nd
🧘♀️ Freedom Flow Yoga
A special guest teacher leads All Levels Fourth of July Flow.
- July 4th
- 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
- Normal rates apply
🏃♀️ Fireworks 4 Miler By the Lake
The kids’ dashes are scheduled to take place before the fireworks begin over the lake on July 3rd. If you’re in the 4-mile race, you get VIP parking, great seating for fireworks, and free food with drink.
This event is sponsored by Fit2Run and Nathan Benderson Park and is part of the Holiday Race Challenge.
- Race shirt
- Finisher’s medal
- Glow gear
- Top 100 male/female finishers receive commemorative prizes
- Fireworks 4 Miler
- Kids Dash
- 4 Mile Walk
- Virtual 4 Miler
🙂 Suggested: Things to Do in Sarasota
⛴ July 4th Sunset & Fireworks Cruise
Want the best seat in the house for this year’s fireworks? Grab a ticket for a romantic sunset cruise that takes you just off Island Park for the fireworks display after dark.
This cruise is appropriate for those 21+. Those on the cruise receive a complimentary drink and a t-shirt.
Outside food and drinks are not allowed. The vessel is smoke-free.
🚤 35th Sarasota Powerboat Grand Prix Festival
From the kick-off party to the powerboat races, the 35th Annual Sarasota Powerboat Grand Prix Festival promises to bring incredible events that you can enjoy as part of your July 4th plans.
- June 29 – Bob Rizi Memorial Golf Classic
- June 30 – Boat & Personal Watercraft “Fun Run”
- July 2 – “The Friendliest Catch” Fishing Tournament
- July 3 – Bayfront Grand Prix Kickoff Party
- July 4 – Bayfront Fireworks Spectacular
- July 5 – Race Team Meet & Greet | Boats on the Block
- July 6 – Car & Motorcycle Show
- July 7 – Powerboat Races