Should you purchase a home during the current Coronavirus pandemic? Read more about safety measures we are taking and current tips for homebuyers.
Over the last few weeks, people have begun to ask, “Should I buy a home during the Coronavirus pandemic?” During these uncertain times, Brock Realty Inc. continues to keep the safety of our clients as a priority in all real estate transactions. Here’s what we are doing to make things safer and some tips to help you make an informed decision.
📋 Reasons for Buying a Home
The reasons for buying a home during the Coronavirus pandemic are much the same as any other time. You may need more space for a growing household, or this could be the best time to downsize in order to save money. During these times of crisis, you may be considering a move that allows you to be closer to older family members.
😷 Safety Steps We are Taking
We encourage our clients to proceed with their plans to attend showings and purchase a home, but we do recognize the need for extra precautions as we deal with the Coronavirus. Here’s what we are doing to make things safer for our real estate agents and clients.
- Real estate agents and buyers drive their own vehicles to home showings.
- Buyers are given a showing map that allows them to easily follow the sequence of homes.
- All of our agents wear disposable gloves and use sanitary wipes. We offer these to buyers, as well.
- You will only be handed business cards and documents from someone wearing a glove.
- We use disposable plastic bags when discarding plastic gloves.
- All agents carry a bottle of cleaner with them and use it to sanitize lockboxes and door handles before you enter a home.
- We ensure that ALL listings we manage are professionally cleaned for buyer safety.
📱 Contact Brock Realty Inc.
🤔 Buying a Home – Questions to Answer
Many businesses are hit with slowdowns, layoffs, and drastic operation changes as we deal with mandatory closings and social distancing. The most important question to ask yourself before buying a home is, “Does my employment offer stability and security during this time?”
😎 Be Patient with Delays
We do everything we can do keep your transactions timeline on track, but there could be delays with showings and closings that are beyond our control at this time. We are dedicated to the highest level of communication, and we will keep you informed every step of the way.