Stage to sell with a kitchen focus and catch the attention of potential buyers in Sarasota County and Manatee County areas.
Potential buyers are looking for kitchens that have a wow factor and meet their needs. Help your home get the attention it deserves when you stage to sell with a kitchen focus.
🤔 What is home staging?
When you stage your home to sell, you are removing distractions and presenting your home in with a showroom, model home appeal. The process involves removing personal items and making the rooms in your home attractive to a broad range of potential buyers.
🧹 Cleaning Checklist
Your kitchen is going to get a level of attention that you can’t imagine. Buyers will open cabinet doors, check drawers, and look inside the refrigerator.
- Between appliances and counters
- Under the refrigerator
- The space above cabinets
- Stove burners and oven
- Light fixtures
- Pantry shelves
- Utility drawers
- Under cabinets
🥫 Cabinets & Pantry
Want to create an impressive pantry when you stage to sell? Organize your cabinets and pantry items according to size, color, and use.
🍴 Take the extra time to place chips, cookies, and cereals in storage containers that can stack and keep things neat.
🍴 Line shelves with easy to clean, removable shelf liner in a neutral color. Don’t forget the drawers, too.
🍴 Less is more. Cluttered shelves give the impression that space is limited, so don’t be afraid to leave some room on shelves.
📱 Contact Brock Realty Inc.
🔨 Hardware & Lights
An outdated kitchen can cause potential buyers to look the other way, but that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot of money on upgrades.
Doing something as simple as changing old hardware to a modern handle or knob can make all the difference.
Bright kitchens that feel spacious are appealing. Use lighting to your advantage if you have natural lighting and replace old fixtures with modern options if necessary.
Use daylight bulbs rather than soft white or those with a yellow tint.
🎨 Colors & Decor
It’s best to keep color schemes neutral when it comes to kitchen paint choices and decor. A pop of color in the accent pieces creates interest without making the room seem overwhelming.
Accent & Decorating Ideas
- Fresh flowers or succulents
- Cookbook on a stand
- Kettle on the stove
- Decorative bowls
- Dish settings
- Throw pillows (on benches)
- Pedestal bowl with lemons
- Pitcher with accent colored tulips
- Jars with pasta, beans, and rice
- Accent rug
📋 Stage to Sell Tips
- If you have an eat-in kitchen, make sure the table is the right size for the room. A large table can make the area seem small.
- Remove small appliances from counters and keep them free of clutter.
- Resist the urge to fill bookshelves. Use a few books and select decorative pieces to create interest without making shelves look crowded.
- Remove photographs, drawings, and magnets from the refrigerator and other services.
- When de-cluttering and cleaning, don’t miss the inside of the refrigerator. Add fresh items and limit the storage of leftovers during the sale period.
- Smells can be distracting. Take care when cooking things with strong odors that linger.